Monday, March 11, 2013

3.11.2012

Transfers are next week... And I'm pretty sure I'm leaving Syracuse. President Wirthlin told me that he really wants me to experience training.. And that it would most likely be this transfer. So with that being the case, I'll most likely be opening a new area and training in 10 days! Kinda intimidating... A lot of tracting in the future.. :P But it'll be great, no matter what happens. I know that wherever I'm serving is the right place to be. Plus, I actually am very excited to go through the training program. I kinda missed out on the last half of it when I was being trained, so I feel like I myself will improve a ton as I go through this experience.

This past week was good. We were trying to find a lot of new investigators, and we ended up finding one! That much was great. We contacted a lot of potentials, talked to a lot of formers, and knocked a lot of doors. None of that worked. It was a text from Mormon.org with a referral that did! Pretty funny how it works. You do your best, Heavenly Father does the rest. We also had Zone Training Meeting! All 26 missionaries in the Zone gathered to Liverpool and Elder Simmonds and I did a training on investigators commitment, and also our own commitment to the Gospel. We related it to investigators keeping their promises, then us keeping the mission rules. We tried to make it funny... We made the "10 Commandments of the Syracuse Zone"!

1. Thou shalt have no unholy music before thee.

2. Thou shalt not view any media image that is not produced by the Church.

3. Thou shalt not take the missionary title in vain, but shall refer to each other as Elder and Sister. (I followed this up with a funny comment... "In 10 years when we're all at a mission reunion, you can call me Hussey all you want, but for the next year, lets keep it at Elder Hussey." They got a good chuckle out of that.)

4. Remember the preparation day, to still be obedient.

5. Honor thy mission President and his wife, that thou mayest serve a full mission.

6. Thou shalt not kill.... Time.

7. Thou shalt not flirt, nor remain in a household where an adult member of the same sex is not present.

8. Thou shalt not steal the Lord's time. Arise at 6:29 and begin proselytizing directly after study.

9. Though shalt not neglect to bear witness of thy labors, but shall keep an honest record in thy area book.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's area, nor their companion, nor their baptism, nor their sweet ties, nor anything like unto it.


 
Then the two great commandments-

Thou shalt love thy mission with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love all people as thyself.

 
We thought the training went well. We finished it with a testimony meeting and a lot of people had some good resolve to be exactly obedient. We think the zone will be blessed.

 
We also had Stake Correlation. That's a meeting where we meet with the Stake President and discuss all of the missionary work that is going on in the Stake. It is really cool to get this chance to see and understand a bit more of how church organization works.

 
Besides all of that info, things are going good! I'm doing well, growing in my Testimony of the Savior, and feel like I'm constantly changing for the better.  I love you all and hope that things are going for the best! Keep me updated if anything else exciting happens in your lives!

 
Love you all,


-Elder Hussey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment