Monday, March 18, 2013

3.18.2012

Happy Saint Patrick's Day Yesterday!

Everyone in Syracuse went crazy with Saint Patricks! Tons of green, shamrocks everywhere, etc. We had corned beef and cabbage for dinner, etc, and it was great! We had a lot of fun, and I had my green tie from Christmas to wear! It was really good.
 
We also had a pretty interesting week! We had some good teaching appointments, had a few exchanges, then did Transfer Calls! We (as Zone Leaders) got to call everyone in the Zone (13 companionships) and let them know what was happening for the next transfer... I was SO nervous while we were waiting for the call! I had a feeling I was leaving Syracuse...........And.........................I was right! I'm already leaving. That's sad, but I feel really right about what is coming up in the future. I'm heading to Massena NY. It's WAY up north, clear by the Canadian border. Tons of wildlife, rivers, etc. It should be really beautiful! I'm also going to be training a new missionary... That will be an adventure. Massena is a little bit of a unique area. There is no ward or branch close to Massena, and there are only 2 active members in the area. They drive all the way to Potsdam for church. Missionaries haven't been in Massena for a few years, and President Wirthlin wants to start a branch there again, so it's a little bit of an experiment. It's going to be a very interesting first week for my new companion, because neither of us will know anything.  However, I feel really right about this decision and know that it's what the Lord wants to happen. It'll be an adventure!
 
My last week in Syracuse has been good. We took some sweet photos on the South Side of town last monday. That was way fun!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Church was good. We got to see a lot of members there and had a good last Sunday with both the Ward and the Branch. People were surprised that I was already leaving, but it all worked out. We had dinner appointments booked so that we could see people before I leave.. :)
 
I've been packing up a little, starting to get things ready to leave. I'm really excited/scared, but I know that the Lord is in control, and it'll all manage to work out.... Somehow. I appreciate everything you all do for me and know that you're praying for me. I'm praying for all of you too! I love you all and hope that things are going good at home. Sorry this email ended up short.. Had a few computer issues and it cut my time down. If the computer will let me log in I might be able to send a little more info. If not, you'll hear from me next week!


This week should be exciting. Opening a new area, training a new missionary, and meeting Elder Bednar at a special mission conference this Saturday! Cool stuff, huh?



Love you all,
 

-Elder Hussey
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment