Monday, January 21, 2013

1.21.2012

Good Morning! :)
 
Looking at the last week, I feel exhausted! It was sure pretty exciting. We're doing another exchange tomorrow!... But I get to stay in Syracuse for this one. Phew! It is definitely an exciting calling. I had a lot of fun this previous week when I was in Fulton and Utica. It amazes me to see the variety involved in each different area of the mission. Owego was a small town, like an in between of Roosevelt and Duchesne. Syracuse is the biggest city in our mission. Fulton is about Vernal sized, while Utica is a big, diverse city. It's cool to see how the work is going in different areas and also get to learn from different missionaries in the process. The exchange with the Assistants was very eye opening. They were really good examples to me and Elder Simmonds and helped us figure a lot of new things out. It was definitely an adventure! I was sure glad to get back to Syracuse after being gone so long!

There will be a lot of differences in our mission in the next few months with all of the new missionaries coming. There are two missionaries in our zone who have had the assignment from President Wirthlin to find new apartments, and they've found enough for the changes we're expecting in our zone. Cars... We'll see how that works out. Who knows! I guess some areas will just have to oil the chains on their bikes and get ready to get fit!
 
I can't believe that so many people are out on missions now! I heard from some friends from college that Ethan is in the MTC, Adam finally made it to Mexico, and that 3 or 4 more girls I know have put in their mission papers! It's pretty weird to think about. I keep expecting to hear that someone I know is coming out here to the NYUM Mission! You never know, huh?
 
Weather here is pretty good. It's getting colder again, which is kinda a downer.. But it could be a lot worse! One of our zone's areas, Fulton, just got SLAMMED with a snowstorm yesterday night.. About 18 inches of snow. We didn't get anything. Not one bit of snow. Weird, huh? I'm not complaining! We do have a nice car though that handles really nice, so that much is good. And we make sure we're really safe whenever we go out. Don't worry!
 
Of course, I stuck my foot in my mouth.. It's now snowing. But it's nothing too crazy.
 
So, that's most of what's going on here lately. One of the funniest things is using the public libraries for the computers... There are some very entertaining people here in Syracuse!.. That's for sure. I'll have a lot of funny stories to share/reminisce about when I get back home... It surely is the Best 2 Years for AND of my life. I'm lovin' it!
 
I  hope things are going well for everyone back home.

Love you!

-Elder Mitch Hussey


No comments:

Post a Comment