Tuesday, September 3, 2013

9.2.2013

Another transfer gone by, and more adventures in the near future! We got transfer calls last week and.......... I'm training in Lowville! Exciting stuff. Training is a really good experience, because it just pushes me to work so hard and be so obedient to set a good example for the new Elder. And Elder Bybee is like one of my best friends now. We got really close. So I'm excited for this new adventure. Elder Davis is headed to Liverpool, which is a suburb just north of Syracuse. He'll love it there. But I'm really excited for this. We gotto Utica tomorrow night and I'll know who I'm training on Wednesday!
 
Here's a picture of the District. Elder Baird and Elder Chandler are our Zone Leaders and they were there when we took pictures. Elder Baird (my trainer) goes home this Thursday! Crazy to think about..
 

Regarding missionary work, I think the best place to start is the less active members. We need to show the Lord that we appreciate the people he's already led to the church. Plus, they have already had an interest and a testimony, so we just need to find some way to get the flame going again. When you teach and reactivate them, it'll lead to their family and friends being introduced to the church and it's a chain reaction from there. And we all know less active members, so everyone can instantly know specific people they can begin to work with to bring back.

Anyway, I feel really scatterbrained today. I'm super excited to train again though and I know that it'll be a great experience. We have made contact with a few families this past week that we'll hopefully be teaching soon, so the work might really pick up momentum in the upcoming transfer.. I love and miss you all at home, but I really love being a missionary. It's amazing to see how active God really is in all of our lives!
Love you all,
-Elder Hussey

No comments:

Post a Comment