Monday, September 30, 2013

9.30.2013



Good morning family!

It's really good to hear from you. I love hearing about everything going on at home and I'm grateful for the info you all send me. It's an exciting time in the world, isn't it?


I'm so excited for conference! I have grown in knowledge (and probably maturity) enough that I know how important it is. Think about it... In the scriptures, there are great learning opportunities like "The Sermon on the Mount" and "King Benjamin's Address". Would I kick back on my sofa and struggle to stay awake for any of those? No way! I'd be mentally, physically, and spiritually prepared so that I could get as much as possible from it! The fact that we have a living Prophet and 12 Apostles is AMAZING! But just as the Scriptures don't do too much unless we read them, the counsel from a Prophet and Apostles doesn't do much if we don't listen. (I'm really putting this in my email so that I have a big guilt trip 15 years from now when I've gone back to old ways and call myself to repentance!... :) ) We can learn some great things from Conference if we prepare ourselves correctly and come with questions to be answered. It'll be good!  (Also, I did hear that the Priesthood session will be broadcast.. I hope people still come to church for it though. It's a lot more powerful watching conference in a dedicated building when you're dressed up.. You guys should try it for the Sunday Sessions if they're going to have it going at the church.)

This past week was good for us! We had one day that we had 4 lessons, 3 investigator lessons (all with members present) and one less active lesson. It was fantastic! I hadn't had a day like that in a long time. We found new investigators, made contact with some wonderful people who will hopefully be investigating soon, and just did our best. That doesn't mean we didn't have our setbacks... But all in all, it was a good week. Things are going well in Lowville!

We had a Priesthood activity this past Saturday. We were all taught how to use a compass, then we went on a wild goose chase through the woods trying to find our way to lunch.
 
I thought it was going to be an easy course.... I was wrong. After getting lost a few times, wandering in circles, we eventually made our way to Lunch. It was a lot of fun though and we all bonded a lot! And I learned a lot as well.. Follow directions exactly when you receive them, and don't take the easy route. Sometimes you have to put your shoulder down and push your way through some brush and bushes in order to stay on track.
 
 
I got a lot of really good pictures as we were out in the woods! Nature is so beautiful. It was quiet, peaceful, and you could slow down and think a lot more than you can in the normal world. I can understand why Joseph Smith went into the Grove of Trees to pray. Powerful stuff!

 
Things are going well. We're striving to do our best, and when we really give it our all, that's when the miracles start to happen. My favorite scripture still stands true-  Alma 26:12- "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
 
We can see miracles happen in our life every single day. The only thing it depends on is our Faith, and then the necessary actions required on our part! The mission is still going great. I am continually amazed to see how much I've changed already. In fact, I actually ate a pickle the other day! :O I know what you're thinking.. No way!  However, I'm sorry to say that I still really don't like pickles... At all. Oh well! :)

Anyway, I love you all! I hope you continue to do well. Thanks for all the love and support allowing me to be out here.
-Elder Hussey
 
P.S. CD's work great! We have the cd players in the car, as well as CD players in most apartments. Also, I use the computers to throw the music onto my little speaker thing I brought out here on the mission. So CD's work well. Some artists I really enjoy- Enoch Train and David Tolk. I really love instrumental artists!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment