Tuesday, October 8, 2013

10.7.2013



Good afternoon family!

Fall was at it's peak last week and it was beautiful!




The leaves were all changing, the weather was mild, and it was a great week to be out as a missionary. However, we need to be prepared, because winter will be here before we know it!  That will bring a new-found beauty with it as well though.

Conference was great! I can't believe that I've been out in the mission field for 3 sessions of conference either! It's amazing to see how fast the time flies.  The themes of Conference definitely seemed like "Missionary Work" and "Overcoming Adversity" to me. It's great to see the emphasis on missionary work, and their help on overcoming adversity will be sure to help us all in future years. I'm so grateful to be a part of a church that has living Prophets and Apostles that are able to share counsel from God to us through the Spirit of Revelation. The teachings they brought to us can help us overcome, grow, and become much more and better protected than we could be on our own.

Things continue to go well in Lowville. We had some good lessons this past week and have a good week ahead of us. We're just continuing to do our best and seek for ways to improve! There is one old conference talk by Joseph B Wirthlin called "Three Choices" that I really likea lot. We should always be seeking for ways to Repent and Improve, otherwise we're not really progressing. The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is definitely true! I know it.

Thanks for sending the music to me Mom! We will enjoy that a lot!

I've actually been thinking a little bit about applying to colleges as well. I know I said I wasn't going to be one of "those Elders", but I'm kind of wondering if we should put an application into BYU... It'd be really nice to be closer to all of the family, plus they have a really good broadcasting and film program. And also, my choice of career might be different.. Maybe dental. There's a lot of stuff to figure out after the mission! But that was kind of my thought.  However, I still really liked SUU and would enjoy going there again. I'm just a little confused at which one is good and which would be best.

I love you guys! I know that I'm so blessed to be a part of the family and you are all inspiring me to be better as well. It's such a blessing to be a part of a family who is all supportive and loves one another, and is active in the Gospel. That's a blessing that I wish everybody could enjoy like I have. Thank you guys! I love you.

Well, we'll just continue on in the work. Hope you all have a great week, and I'll talk to you next Monday!

Love,
-Elder Hussey

No comments:

Post a Comment