Tuesday, January 14, 2014

1.13.2014

Hey family!

I am doing great! I hope that things are going well for all of you back home. Fayetteville is really good and Elder May is awesome! We get along so well.. It's actually been really weird. We do a TON of the exact same things, and we've probably said the exact same thing at the exact same time about 8-10 times already. It's been good and we have laughed a lot already.
 
Leaving Lowville was a little bit tough. The weather was WAY bad the during the week before transfers.. One day, the HIGH temp for the day was -4... The low was -26. And that doesn't include windchill... It was SO cold! But Elder Sedgwick and I bundled up and still got out to work! It was sweet!
 
 
Saying goodbye to everyone I loved in Lowville was tough, but saying goodbye to the crazy weather made it a little bit easier.... ;)
 
DeWitt is pretty cool! It is pretty much the suburbs of Syracuse. The people have been really nice and everything has been good. The really nice thing... it's so warm! The high here in Syracuse the other day was about 60 degrees. The snow all melted and we didn't have to wear coats. That was great.
 
The Fayetteville Ward is quite a bit bigger than I'm used to now. Being in Branches for the past year has really changed my expectations for Church! So when I saw a lot of kids come into the building, I didn't quite know what to do! There are a lot of young families though and everyone loves the missionaries. It'll be really fun serving here.
 
Elder May is from Arizona and has been on his mission a little bit under a year. He's a hard worker and knows that you can have fun on your mission too. Like I mentioned earlier, we get along really well and have a lot of fun. He said that I remind him of his best friend back home, and he reminds me a lot of TJ as well. We will have a lot of fun serving together.
 
The work here is going good as well. We don't have many people we're meeting with as of now, but we're working on that. We had a sweet investigator that we taught who is way cool and I can tell that he has been prepared for the Gospel. However, we helped him pack up a uHaul this Saturday, then he moved to Buffalo after church on Sunday... Dang. 
 
He is a great example of someone who had no idea he even needed the Gospel. Something prompted him to meet with the missionaries, then they had a strong experience with the Spirit and helped him identify it, and he's been progressing well since. The missionaries in Buffalo have already contacted him and are probably way excited to be meeting him.
 
Unfortunately, we don't have a washer or dryer here in DeWitt, and we also have to go to downtown Syracuse to drop off the car for the Syracuse South Elders, so P-Day is going to be a little hectic while I'm here.
 
Know that I love serving as a missionary. I continue to learn and grow in my relationship with Christ and love his Gospel. I love being here in New York and think that serving a mission is one of the best decisions I could have ever made. Thank you all for supporting me and making it possible for me to do that. We'll talk to you next week!

-Elder Hussey

No comments:

Post a Comment