Wednesday, May 21, 2014

5.19..2014

Hello family!
This past week was interesting... It was really good and went by quick, but at the same time, it seemed like it went forever. In fact, it was about the opposite of the way time went by when I first came out. The days went by quick, but the week was long. Kinda odd.
 
So, updates on New York the past week.. It's been really good! Like I stated earlier, we had a good week. Elder Wendt and I talked a lot about having courage and just talking to as many people as we can each day, and it has really helped the work be exciting.. We've learned a ton and met some really great people in the past week. We also had quite a few lessons with investigators and we have a few people who are progressing quite well. I looked back at some records from when I first came to Fayetteville and I am amazed to see the growth that has happened in the past 4 months. Sometimes, it takes hindsight to see how much we've grown.

The weather this week changed quite a bit.. We had a few days that were 85 degrees and really humid, followed by a few rainy 55 degree days... In fact, we went to bed one night and it was 75 degrees in our apartment, then we woke up the next morning and it was about 62 in the apartment! Brrrr..... But now it's a nice in-between. It's not humid yet, but it's not cold. It's just about perfect! Hopefully it'll stay that way for a month or so... :) I enjoy the rain though when it comes.. The humidity is the only thing I'm not a fan of.
 
 I've been the "go-to guy" for a lot of the Zone Leaders and other missionaries when they have needed help with paperwork. I've kinda tinkered around with Microsoft Word and Excel quite a bit and figured out how to make forms for recording info. So, each week we get 2 hours of computer time to use church websites and computer programs for work related things.. It's kind of funny, because now the Zone Leaders have asked me to compile all of the stuff I've made and give it to them in a "Elder Hussey Packet" so that they have all of that stuff. It's really funny see the talents and abilities the Lord blesses us with as we serve him.. I didn't ever think I'd learn how to use Excel on my mission!
 
Well, that's all I have to update you on this week. The work continues to move forward. We just need to do our best and let God take care of the rest! When I remember that, life becomes extremely satisfying, even when things don't go as planned. Love you all! Thanks for your love and support. You guys are the best!
 
Love,
-Elder Hussey

No comments:

Post a Comment