Monday, May 6, 2013

5.06.2013

Hello family!
How crazy is it to think that it's already May?!? I cannot believe how fast the time seems to go by. Tyler and Heather are already graduating!!! That is so crazy to think about. It doesn't really seem like it's been 4 years since Tyler started Pharmacy School (however, for him, it probably has felt like an eternity! But you made it!). Congratulations to Heather and Tyler! That is awesome to have such good examples. And keep up the good work Nick! You're almost there! :)  I'm looking forward to talking to everyone on Mother's Day as well!
We do have a chapel in Massena, but it's been closed down for years. For a while, they had a congregation meeting here, but it dissolved when the economy went bad a few years ago. So we do drive to Potsdam every week, but we have an empty chapel here in Massena that's just waiting to be opened up! It's a unique building. It used to be a doctors office, but they converted it to a church building.
The first package is here, and I guess there's a second on the way! Thank you very much Mom and Dad! I have a few things I'll hopefully be sending back home today.
 
This past week has been pretty good. The weather in Massena is BEAUTIFUL! We've had almost every day in the 70's with rain at night, but none during the day. We had some really good lessons with investigators and things are progressing fairly well. It's been pretty amazing looking back on this first transfer in Massena. We've found more investigators and had some of the best weeks of my mission so far. We're really excited for this upcoming transfer and are going to work really hard to make the most of it.
I can't really think of anything else that's happened.. Elder Bybee did get kinda sick last weekend, so we spent a little bit of time in the apartment, but he got back out on Saturday and kept on working hard. Getting sick on the mission is the WORST! You feel like you're holding people back from progressing, you get really bored, and then you're dragging for a few days afterward. I can't imagine what it was like for Tyler and Nick on their missions in foreign countries! I'm sure they had some pretty good sicknesses while they were out.

Things here are going really good. I feel good and am very excited for the future. It's amazing to see how quickly the time goes by. I'm already going to be 20, which is CRAZY! I feel old! I remember Tyler coming back from his mission saying he felt old. Now I'm starting to understand that. We mentioned that Brandon Flowers from the Killers was a mormon to some kids, and they had NO idea who The Killers were.... Kids these days. :)
Anyway, happy graduation to Heather and Tyler, happy early birthday to Dad, and I'll wish Mom and happy Mother's Day when I talk to you all on Sunday!
Thanks for all of the updates. I really enjoy hearing from all of you! i miss you all, but I know we'll all be able to hang out again before we know it! Time sure flies..
Love you all!
-Elder Hussey
(We haven't been doing good on taking pictures lately.. I need to start taking more so you can see what Massena is like! I'll work on that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment