Thursday, June 13, 2013

6.10.2013

Hey family!
 
It's a beautiful day here in Massena! The past week has been very busy and has a lot of unique experiences. First things first though..........
 
Elder Bybee and I are both staying in Massena for another transfer! That's pretty exciting! I'm glad I get to stay here a while longer. It's really cool getting to see the Massena branch as it is starting to grow and I know it'll continue to do so as we do our best.
 
We had 44 people at church yesterday, and all of them were from within the Massena boundaries. Pretty cool, huh? We had 9 investigators at church, 5 of which have baptismal dates for June 22nd. They are all doing really well and we love getting to work with them. Elder Bybee and I both spoke in Sacrament yesterday, which was really good. I think I've finally figured out how to write church talks... It only took me about an hour to prepare! I didn't feel nervous or anything as I was up there, and I hardly even looked at my notes I had taken. A lady in our branch came up to me after and said I was a really good public speaker, and she wouldn't be surprised if I wrote a book someday! I don't know about that, but that was a really nice compliment.

 
We had a good week with a lot of different appointments, picked up a few new investigators, had a lot come to church, and just had a lot of fun. Elder Lamb came to work with me in Massena while Elder Bybee went to Canton, which was fun. I always enjoy exchanges and it seems like something good always happens on exchange. We had a packed schedule while he was here, and still managed to find a few new potential investigators. Pretty cool!
 
The weather was rainy all week, which is fine by me! When the sun comes out, it gets hot and muggy. One morning, it was about 85 degrees and humid when we walked out of the apartment, and I said to Elder Bybee- "It shouldn't be this hot in the Spring!" to which he responded- "actually, it's June. It's summer." It's crazy to think that it's already summer.... Wild stuff! But I'm good with overcast and rainy weather. It keeps it in the perfect range of 65-80 degrees, which is really really nice. We were tracting and I said it was a beautiful day to a lady, and I got the funniest look from her!.... It was probably because it was raining and we were standing on her porch all wet and she was wondering "why on earth does this crazy mormon kid think it's a beautiful day?" I got a good laugh out of that later.

 
We also had a really crazy/stressful experience yesterday.... A guy we've been working with a little bit lately called us up saying he was super depressed and needed us to come over, because he was contemplating stabbing himself. We ran over as quick as we could, Elder Bybee took the knife from him, then we just talked about what had been going on and how he could get through it. We went on a walk with him and got him to a safe environment where he'd be with people that could watch out for him. It was crazy stressful, although it didn't really hit me until after we made it back to our apartment. It was a wild experience. I'm glad stuff like that doesn't happen very often, and I'm also really glad he called us so that we could help him. It's crazy what happens sometimes..

 
But besides all of that, nothing else too exciting happened this past week. Elder Bybee and I went to a thrift store that was having a sale and got some sweet old ties for 50 cents each! That was pretty cool I guess. :)
 
Well, things in Massena are going good. This week is just going to be really busy getting everyone ready for their baptismal interviews, then next week will be SUPER BUSY getting all of that planned out and put into motion. The work is moving forward here in Massena!

 
Love you all! Thanks for all you do.
 
-Elder Hussey


No comments:

Post a Comment