Monday, August 19, 2013

8.19.2013

Good morning family!
This past week in Lowville was great! We had a few good lessons and a really wonderful lesson. I'm glad I get the opportunity to be in Lowville, although I really miss Massena. I heard from Elder Bybee and he told me that a young man we taught wants to get baptized, and some other investigators that were all planned for baptism but fell through, are all learning again and doing well.. I miss everyone there! I loved my time being there.. But all is well here in Lowville. There are so many wonderful places we could be in this world! It is what you make of it.


The baptism was great! We followed the baptismal guidelines found in Preach My Gospel rather than just what traditions have been for baptisms in the past and it went really well! The Spirit was really strong and we had almost everyone that is active in the Branch at the baptism! How cool is that?


It was a great experience for all who were there though. Becky was excited and really happy and the branch really loves her already. The Lowville Branch does a really good job at fellowshipping and helping people feel like they're a part of the family.


We're just trying hard to find new people to teach! We had our baptism and our other most solid investigator is moving back to Hong Kong this upcoming Thursday.. So we only have one investigator as of now! Crazy stuff... But I know that there are people out there who are ready for the Restored Gospel. We just have to get out there and gather them all in! It'll be a good growing experience for me.
 
As my testimony of the Gospel grows stronger and stronger, I am so grateful for all of the blessings that come as we are obedient to the commandments. As we strive to have the Spirit with us always, we sometimes don't realize it's there. However, when it is absent, there is a definite lack of knowledge and comfort in my life. I know that to be true! Without God's help, all that I can do is only for the moment. With God, we can work into the Eternities.
 
I love you all! I'm so grateful for you, and I'm so grateful to be out here.
 
-Elder Hussey



No comments:

Post a Comment